Monday, February 15, 2010

My spring plant order

Here's the order I placed yesterday for my plants! I plan to pick them up when they are starter sized- not fully grown, but bigger than plug-sized. I am so psyched! I'm getting 6 Flats total, plus some other loose plants. The flats are 18 2.5" x 2.5" x 3" containers:
  • 64 strawberry plants
  • Flat 1: loose-leaf Lettuces
  • Flat 2: onions (yellow/white)
  • Flat 3: 8 zucchini plants and 10 garlic bulbs
  • Flat 4: 8 roma tomato plants and 8 cherry tomato plants
  • Flat 5: 8 better bush tomato plants and 10 salad bush cucumber plants
  • Flat 6: potatoes
  • 4 basil plants, 4 cilantro plants, 2 chive plants, 2 rosemary plants, 2 jalepeno pepper plants
  • enough carrot seeds for a 4x4 bed worth of carrots
 
Also- the turkey from Karl Baer's farm was absolutley delicious. I got smoked turkey, and sliced it into pieces small enough for a sandwich- right now I am eating a sandwich with local munster cheese, Baer Farms smoked turkey, and my homemade bread. I will never buy the pre-packed turkey from a grocery store again. This is delish!!
 
I'm going to make some bread tonight. What kind should I make? Suggestions?
 
Although it is cold and snowy and dirty outside, we are moving towards Spring! Or at least that's what I keep telling myself..

1 comment:

  1. Ever made pita bread? It's really easy, and you don't have to worry about your loaf rising or not (it always depresses me when my bread doesn't rise as high as I want it to!) Check out this recipe-

    http://littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/2008/09/homemade-pita-bread.html

    I also like the book Flatbreads and Flavors, and The Bread Bible by (Beth Hensperger).

    I second someone else's post about the KAF Baker's Banter, I want to go to Vermont and make friends with everyone who works there.
    Good luck! All of your plans sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete