Thursday, April 8, 2010

Epic fail, hopefully turned into a epic.. success?

I forgot to tell all 11 of ya'll about the epic soil/compost fail that I had 2 weeks ago. Remember how I built my raised-beds and they were gorgeous?


 I remember if no one else does :)

What happened to City of Ann Arbor compost you were going to so easily obtain the next day, you might ask? Well I hired a nice guy with a pickup truck (first mistake) to meet me there to have the compost loaded into his truck. Except no one at A2 Compost took the time to tell me that would be ridiculous. And they also forgot to mention that they load the compost in with a fucking bulldozer. Maybe this is common knowledge to others, but unfortunately I do not have common sense.


Bascially a nice guy with a truck met me at the compost place, followed me around for 10 minutes trying to figure out where to go, and then stood there for another 10 minutes trying to figure out how the hell we were going to load compost into his pick-up truck (that had an attached cab. Not a box, ugly cab. A flat cover cab.) Needless to say, this nice guy left with $20 dollars and I sped away with embarrassment. I was a crazy 24 year old hippie driving my honda civic into the Compost Center.

Oh well. SO compost from Lodi Farms in A2 delivered by dump truck tomorrow? Wonderful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment