Stuffed Bell Peppers with Beef, Brown Rice, and Cheese
- 4 bell peppers, red, yellow, or green
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 clove garlics, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked long-grain brown rice
- shredded Mexican-style cheese, about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- Cut tops off peppers, put in an appropriate-sized oven safe dish. Chop edible part of tops and set aside. Also chop onions and garlic.
- Preheat oven to 375!
- Sauté chopped green pepper (from tops) and ground beef, until beef is browned.
- At the same time, cook your rice, (1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water in a pot, bring to boil, then simmer and cover for 20(ish) minutes.
- When beef and rice are done, combine into a large bowl with your chopped onions and garlic. Now add tomato sauce and cheese. Mix well.
- Stuff peppers with the beef and rice mixture and place into your baking dish. Pour about 1/3 cup tomato mixture over the stuffed peppers. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Top stuffed peppers with a little shredded Cheddar cheese just before peppers are done; bake until cheese is melted.
Recipe for stuffed peppers serves 6.