Polenta is easy to make, friends. Damn easy. I promise! Once you make it, it will seem silly to buy one of those pre-made polenta rolls from the grocery store. Polenta is quick to make, it's good, and it's a great host to veggies, meats, and lots of yummy toppings!
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
source: West Wind Milling Co, 50 mile radius
1 tbsp salt
source: not local
2 cups water
source: tap water, ya'll!
2 tbsp butter
source: Calder Dairy, 50 mile radius
|Cornmeal for polenta|
- Get out a deep skillet or frying pan!
- Add the 2 cups water, and set to a boil
- Once water is boiling, add the salt, then add the cornmeal
- Stir, and bring heat down to low
- Cook until mixture thickens and cornmeal is tender
- Turn off the heat, and add butter.
- Stir until butter is incorporated, and add thyme, oregano, rosemary, chives, etc. as desired
It's that easy. Plate, serve, and Enjoy!
|Polenta topped with roasted root veggies|