Monday, February 13, 2012

Seedling check-in


I checked my little seedlings this morning, and they're doing really well overall. I started them on Tuesday, so they're about 6 days old.

The kale seem to be somewhat leggy but I think it's ok, and the lettuce all came up as well. I have a few little onions coming up on the right hand side, and I see a Mrs. Burns' Lemon Basil peeking its head up!

Most of the herb packets said they'd take 10-15 days to germinate, so I'm not worrying yet :) It's so nice to see some greenery indoors, especially in the Winter!




I also wanted to share about an exciting gift I got over the weekend- I did some website work for my aunt and uncle, who own a farm in Toledo, Ohio. I'm in the beginning stages of putting together a business that helps businesses create and develop their presence on the web, through basic web page design, social media efforts, etc. At any rate, my aunt and uncle let me develop a webpage for them, and as a surprise gift for my work, they made me an AMAZING potting bench! They brought it up a few days ago and surprised me- and I was truly surprised!

I decided to put the potting bench in my mudroom- it has access to the backyard, it's sort of a transitional room, and it starts to get really warm in the summer since it's not temperature controlled so it serves as my makeshift greenhouse already. As you can see, it says "Arika's Garden"!, it has a back wall for tool storage, of which I have little to none indoors currently, and they potting tray, (currently filled with canned goods) will be utilized for all my seed starting adventures. Can't wait to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment