Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tea Bomb: Nutritional Goodness for when you're feeling Bad

I have a cold. A big, epic cold that came out of nowhere and made me feel like crap. When I have a cold, there is a go-to pick me up drink that I like to make. You probably will not be surprised to know that the recipe is from my magical roommate, Paul. This drink is called a Tea Bomb. It is basically an amazing collection of awesomely-strong ingredients paired together and steeped in hot water. Here's a quick Tea Bomb tutorial. Next time you're feeling sick, try this baby out. It tastes like health- is that too weird to say?

Tea Bomb 101

 Ingredients needed: 

  • 1 tsp Ginger
  • 1/2 clove Garlic
  • 1.5 tbsp Chamomile blossoms
  • 1/4 inch of a Cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 Lemon
  • a coffee filter


Step 1: Measure out the chamomile blossoms and put into the filter

Step 2: Mince the garlic, peel & mince the ginger, and crush the cayenne pepper. 

Step 3: Add all ingredients to the filter, and place over a mug like so. 

 Step 4: Bring 1 cup water to a boil. While boiling, squeeze the lemon juice into the spread-out filter. 
Step 5: Bunch the top of the filter together and hold. Pour the hot water over the "teabag" and let it steep for 5-7 minutes. Optional: Use a steak knife to hold the teabag in place :)

Step 6: Drink your incredibly nutritious tea and pat yourself on the back for trying something new

I've come to love the taste of this tea, and have made it when I'm not sick. It's like a boost of nutrients, or at least my brain thinks it is. Fake boost or not, your belief in its' healing powers is probably helpful!

Stay healthy, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment