This week we got:
a bunch of Basil
a bunch of Spearmint
a bunch of Sage
Snap Peas and Snow Peas
Lots of greatness! I decided to make an awesome tofu stir-fry that could incorporate some of the veggies from my share. Here's the recipe, if you'd like to make it yourself!
Tofu Stir-Fry with Ginger and Peppers
1 pkg Extra-Firm Tofu
1 cup frozen or fresh peppers
3 shitake mushrooms, diced
1 handful of spinach, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 green onions, chopped
4 tbps olive oil
1/3 cup Soy sauce
2 tsp Ginger, chopped
1 cup water
- Prepare the tofu by pressing it to rid it of excess water
- Slice the tofu into thin slab or small pieces
- Mix together together the marinade and let the tofu soak in it for 20-30 minutes
- Heat up a frying pan with the olive oil
- Once the oil is heated, add the garlic and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tofu once its ready, add to the pan.
- Fry up the tofu on both sides, and then add the remaining vegetables.
Serve and Enjoy!