Today I'm going to share my FAVORITE potato salad recipe with you. It's simple, easy, fresh and light. It's also delicious!! I make it with whatever potatoes I have on hand- Russetts, fingerlings, Yukon Golds.. it's all good, my friends. It's modified from Ina Garten's recipe- over the years I have changed it and modified it to my liking.
Potato Salad with Scallions and DillIngredients
- 6 medium potatoes (any kind will work)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard seed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions/green onion
- Peel the potatoes and chop into 1" sized pieces.
- Place the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of salt in a large pot of boiling water.
- Once potatoes are added, lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, then place the colander with the potatoes over the empty pot and cover with a clean, dry kitchen towel. Allow the potatoes to steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, mustard, dill, chopped onions, 1 teaspoon of salt, and
1 teaspoon of pepper, and coriander and mustard seed (optional). Set aside.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, place the cut potatoes into the large bowl. Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Serve and Enjoy!