Saturday, April 21, 2012

Strawberry Jam Smoothies

Smoothies are pretty much the perfect breakfast- any time of year! My ability to make smoothies year-round depends greatly on how ambitious of a canner I've been the past summer and what kind of frozen, local fruit I can get my hands on.
I accidentally discovered Jam Smoothies when I was trying to fix a blender problem- when making smoothies in the past, I'd add yogurt and ice first. The ice wouldn't crush quickly or easily because it would get all clogged up at the bottom of the blender.

I had several jars of strawberry jam from last season that hadn't set right- they are more "strawberry puree"- so I tossed some into the blender with the ice and yogurt. Voila! Enough of a liquid base that the ice broke down much more easily, and the strawberry "jam" added a hint of sweetness to my drink! If you're not a canner with unset jam, you should probably substitute strawberry puree for your smoothie instead.

                                                                                                                        "Jam" Smoothies

Ingredients: 1 pint Jam of your choice/or fruit puree
1.5 cups Frozen Mixed Berries
1 cup plain greek yogurt
6 ice cubes

Directions: 
  • Add the yogurt, the jam, and the ice cubes into the blender. Set the blender to "ice crush" and then blend until ice is incorperated into smoothie mixture. The liquid from the yogurt and jam will help you blend the ice down without having to manually un-jam (haha) the blended several times
  • Now add the Frozen Mixed Berries! Blend to your liking
Serve and Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts.
    more tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I was looking for...my husband is always bring in fresh fruit, mango, pears, etc and sometimes it's to much to get eaten. I have a few jars of jam was considering add it to these excess fruits to make smoothies for work in the morning...I'll give it a try and see how it goes! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no need to spend 4000 , Best Buy Hand Blender maximum price should be rs 900. if you spend 4000 , rest amount is waist of money.
    today all leading brand import from china so their is no difference in
    quba and prestige , both import form china and put brand on it.
    still you need to buy hand blender then

    go for orpat hand blender because in todays market this vendor is best in quality service and prices orpat blender cost you rs 650 maximum.

    use rest amount for party good day.

    ReplyDelete